Enlarge text: smaller | larger
Built in 1904, for A. Lee Willson, 222 McDermot Avenue
contained the offices of A. Silvester, Hardware & Lumber
Merchant of Elkhorn, Manitoba and H. Willson of Willson
Stationery Co. of Winnipeg.
This was the third building to be located a this site.
The first structure was built in 1890 and housed a carpentry
shop that operated until 1894. The five-storey Silvester-Willson
Building was built at a cost of $40,000. Designed by J.
H. G. Russell, who was also a tenant from 1906-09.