Virtual Heritage Winnipeg
Home Contact Sitemap Search Help
Virtual Tour Gallery Vignettes Links
The Exchange District

Vignettes / Exchange District / McDermot

Dawson Richardson Building
(Pockets Bar)

Enlarge text:  smaller  |  larger

Located at 171 McDermot, the Dawson Richardson Building was completed in late 1921 and was the last structure to be built along this street.

Dawson Richardson was a grain broker who started a firm that published news for the grain trade.  William Sanford Evans, the firm’s vice-president, was a well-known statistician, stock broker, politician and publisher.




Year Built Heritage Status Date Material Floors/Square footage
1921 Municipal, 1985, grade III Solid brick with light-coloured stone sills 2 storeys/12,840 total floor space

Original Use Present Use Address Architect
Publishing a grain trade paper. Restaurant and Billiard Lounge 169-171 McDermot Avenue Charles Bridgman





about this site  :  credits  :  Français