District / Bannatyne
Kelly Building (Kilgour Block)
Enlarge text: smaller | larger
Thomas, Michael and Martin Kelly formed one of several
construction companies that grew out of Winnipeg’s
building booms in the 1870s, 1880s and early 1900s. Many
of these companies became quite prominent, securing important
contracts for buildings and public works across the West.
Thomas Kelly also acquired revenue properties, including
a six-storey warehouse that he had originally built in 1904-05
for $56,000 on the north side of Bannatyne Avenue between
Main and Rorie streets.